Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crackle!

I discovered this awesome crackle treatment a few months ago, unlike the other ones it's not a two part procedure you just apply one coat over your paint and TADA! crackle.

I *ahem* borrowed a small table from the garage as I needed a place to put a lamp. This table had those god awful country designs that were so popular, little houses, hearts and chickens. Blech.

So since my lampshade was green, I painted over the designs with a nice sage. Forgive the blurry but you get the general idea of the color.


After the crackle medium was applied. It's hard to capture on the camera but I hope you can see.


Well of course that wasn't enough for me so I painted the trim around the table top a nice chocolate brown and then decided to put a nice chocolate wash over the crackle to bring it out more.

How cool is that?


The crackle is made by Deco Art, I've found it at Joanns, Michaels and Hobby Lobby. It's a great price and so easy to use and everything I've tried it on so far has produced great results.

1 comment:

Hopemore Studio said...

See another thing we have in common! I love this product, all in one step and great results...Guess what I've even used it on some polymer clay. Very cool if you are trying for an aged look. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Angie